Saturday, December 20, 2008

My turn...

Well it's been a while since I posted, and everyone else seems to be doing it, so I figure I will too.
The last time I posted was the day of Linda's surgery. About a week after the surgery she received the official test results from her lymph nodes, and it turns out they were all negative, meaning the cancer hadn't spread. In addition, she may not even have to have chemo because the tumor was so small and caught early. Something to be said for yearly doctor's exams and monthly self-exams ladies!
I finally got myself a job. Assbank, as I affectionately call it, re-hired me part-time. I started on December 10 and I really enjoy everyone I work with. Unfortunately they made me go through training again, however I got paid drive time and mileage, so that made it bearable.
I'll be starting school again in February and am excited to get it started so I can get it over with. Between that and working and teaching I'm sure I'll be quite busy. Heid's is also planning to hire me on as a Yamaha teacher. There's a test I have to take, but I don't think it will be too difficult. Once I pass the test they send me to California for a week for training...woohoo!
Jon has stayed busy as well with his same schedule. I don't know how he does it, working 7 days a week, but he swears he loves it. He also loves his job at Heid's, which is important. Early on in our engagement we discussed his job, and the fact that he would make more if he went back to doing construction. Although that's true, I told him it was more important to me that he have a job that he loves. Besides, when we decided to major in music, we pretty much knew it meant signing away any sort of fortune.
Tonight is Christmas with Jon's family. He has an older half-brother and half-sister and a younger brother. Unlike me, however, he grew up with the older siblings around at least part of the time. His sister is married and, as it turns out, his older brother is getting married in August just 3 months after us. I love my brother, but he never seemed like a sibling to me because he's so much older, so it will be nice to have more siblings. Also, and this may seem silly to some of you, tonight will be the first time in my life that I have given a gift to a dad. Although some of Jon's parents views are a bit more conservative than mine or Jon's, I do love them and I'm really looking forward to tonight.
Speaking of that, I should probably be getting ready. If I don't talk to you beforehand, have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww. I remember when I first had to buy a Fathers Day card (for D's dad). It was so weird.

And I'm sorry I forgot to call on Saturday. I totally spaced it. I don't even have an excuse. :o( When are you free again?