Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good afternoon!

Well the surgery went fine. They gave me plenty of anti-nausea medication so I wasn't naseous or pukey at all after the surgery, which was great. The surgery was at 8:45 and I was on my way home at about 11:30. I really liked all my nurses. John, my recovery nurse, was especially good. He checked on me every few minutes and kept calling me "bud". I thought it was sweet.
Jon took the whole day off yesterday to stay with me. Mom came up for a while too. She's staying with me all day today because Jon has to work 9-7. She just left to let the dogs out and then will be back.

The pain today is worse just because I don't have all those drugs pumped into me. It's hard to sit up because all of the incisions are in my stomach. But I should be better in a few days. I've never seen Jon smile as much as he has yesterday and this morning. He was taking all this really hard before we knew what it was, especially the point at which they mentioned colon cancer. He felt better once we knew what it was, and once he heard from his boss and other people that we both talked to that it wasn't that big of a deal. But then he looked terrified as they wheeled me out of the room into surgery. He said the only time he's ever been in a hospital was to visit someone who was dying, so he's not a big fan. So needless to say, when we got home yesterday he was very happy and extremely attentive. I feel very blessed that I have him.

Well that's my update for today. I'm hoping to be well enough Saturday or Sunday to have some visitors. And I can't wait to be able to take a shower tomorrow. WOOHOO! Well the vicodin is starting to kick in. I was trying to only take it at night because it makes me really dizzy, but I don't think regular Tylenol is going to cut it today.

Oh, and I also got my admission letter to UWO for spring. I'm excited to be going back to school, and hopefully it will only be 3 semesters including student teaching.

1 comment:

IzzyBeth said...

Glad you're doing well. Did you do the whole AIR thing where you have to LET IT OUT? Remind my brother and I to tell you THAT story. (I recovered from my gall bladder surgery at their house.)